The New Forest Players has its origins in two local amateur groups founded in the late 1920s and early 1930s. In 1946 the groups merged, finally becoming known as the New Forest Players in 1948 – throughout the Second World War the determined thespians still performed, epitomising the theatrical maxim that The Show Must Go On!
We have a thriving & active membership and each year we aim to produce at least three plays, plus a Panto in early January.
The Constitution of The New Forest Players was adopted on the 11th April 1995 and last amended on the 27th August, 2020.
A copy of the Constitution can be downloaded here.
our current committee
- PresidentSonia Collyer
- ChairmanDavid Luker
- Vice ChairmanWendy Beaumont
- SecretaryDavid Ward
- TreasurerGordon Baker
- Contact EditorWendy Beaumont
- Club Night OrganiserMike Walker
- Committee MemberSarah Haberfield
- Committee MemberJudy Anders
- Committee MemberChristine Battison
- Committee MemberLen Reid
- Committee MemberJohn Langridge
non committee members
- Box Office / Patrons' secretary